Designated Premises Supervisor
No supply of alcohol may be made under the premises licence -
(a) at a time when there is no designated premises supervisor in respect of the premises licence, or
(b) at a time when the designated premises supervisor does not hold a personal licence or his personal licence is suspended.
Personal Licence Holder
Every supply of alcohol under the premises licence must be made or authorised by a person who holds a personal licence.
Age Verification Policy
(1) The premises licence holder or club premises certificate holder must ensure that an age verification policy is adopted in respect of the premises in relation to the sale or supply of alcohol.
(2) The designated premises supervisor in relation to the premises licence must ensure that the supply of alcohol at the premises is carried on in accordance with the age verification policy.
(3) The policy must require individuals who appear to the responsible person to be under 18 years of age (or such older age as may be specified in the policy) to produce on request, before being served alcohol, identification bearing their photograph, date of birth and either –
(a) a holographic mark, or
(b) an ultraviolet feature.
1. A relevant person shall ensure that no alcohol is sold or supplied for consumption on or off the premises for a price which is less than the permitted price.
2. For the purposes of the condition set out in paragraph 1
(a)"duty" is to be construed in accordance with the Alcoholic Liquor Duties Act 1979;
(b)"permitted price" is the price found by applying the formula P=D +(DxV)
(i) P is the permitted price,
(ii) D is the amount of duty chargeable in relation to the alcohol as if the duty were charged on the date of the sale or supply of the alcohol, and
(iii) V is the rate of value added tax chargeable in relation to the alcohol as if the value added tax were charged on the date of the sale or supply of the alcohol;
(c) "relevant person" means, in relation to premises in respect of which there is in force a premises licence -
(i) the holder of the premises licence,
(ii) the designated premises supervisor (if any) in respect of such a licence, or
(iii)the personal licence holder who makes or authorises a supply of alcohol under such a licence;
(d) "relevant person" means, in relation to premises in respect of which there is in force a club premises certificate, any member or officer of the club present on the premises in a capacity which enables the member or officer to prevent the supply in question; and
(e) "value added tax" means value added tax charged in accordance with the Value Added Tax Act 1994.
3. Where the permitted price given by Paragraph (b) of paragraph 2 would (apart from this paragraph) not be a whole number of pennies, the price given by that sub-paragraph shall be taken to be the price actually given by that sub-paragraph rounded up to the nearest penny.
4. (1) Sub-paragraph (2) applies where the permitted price given by Paragraph (b) of paragraph 2 on a day ("the first day") would be different from the permitted price on the next day ("the second day") as a result of a change to the rate of duty or value added tax.
(2) The permitted price which would apply on the first day applies to sales or supplies of alcohol which take place before the expiry of the period of 14 days beginning on the second day.
2. The licensee shall implement an online age verification scheme in respect of sales of alcohol/age restricted products by asking the purchaser to provide a self-declaration that they are over 18 and incorporate a disclaimer to notify that “anyone ordering this product from this website shall be deemed to be 18 years.”
3. The Licence holder shall use a delivery service that ensures that each parcel containing alcohol is tracked that any refused or failed deliveries are recorded and returned to a local office for collection by the customer who will be required to provide credible identification.
4. The Licence holder shall ensure that a record is kept of each sales order for delivery containing alcohol which will include name, address and/or telephone number and details of the order and ensure that the licence holder's return address and contact details are clearly visible on the outer packaging. These records will be produced upon request by any representative of Northumbria Police or the Licensing Authority.
5. The Licence holder shall ensure that the outer packaging of each parcel containing alcohol is marked such that it is clear to the delivery driver that the parcel contains a Restricted Item (alcohol) and cannot be delivered to anyone under the age of 18 years.
6. The licence holder shall ensure that no orders are delivered within 12 hours of the order having been placed.
7. No sale of alcohol shall take place directly from the premises.
8. The storage areas of the property shall be covered by a CCTV system which shall be designed, installed and maintained in proper working order, to the satisfaction of, and in consultation with, Northumbria Police. Such a system shall:
a. Be operated by properly trained staff;
b. Be in operation at all times that the premises are open;
c. Ensure coverage of all entrances and exits and any existing outside areas and other areas as required by Northumbria Police;
d. Be kept in a secure environment under the control of responsibly named individual;
e. During the times licensable activities are provided, have a member of staff present and trained in the retrieval of CCTV footage, with the ability to download the relevant footage onto a disc at the request from Northumbria Police;
f. Be capable of recognition of all persons entering the premises;
g. Provide continuous recording facilities for each camera to a high standard of clarity. Such recordings shall be retained on tape/disc/hard drive or otherwise for a minimal period of 28 days and shall be supplied to a Police and local authority on request. Images recorded are to be retained in an unedited format and the CCTV system must continually record whilst the premises is open.
9. No refuse shall be deposited in any skip, bin or other container of a like nature located outside of the premises between the hours of 2230 - 0800 daily.